Registration is Closed.
HNC Family Retreat
Friday-Sunday, November 20-22, 2015
Lake Junaluska Conference and Retreat Center
Lake Junaluska, NC Mountains
Back by popular demand! Hemophilia of North Carolina's 2015 Family Retreat will take place this fall in the beautiful North Carolina Mountains, nestled between Asheville and the Great Smoky Mountains!
We invite families who have children affected by a bleeding disorder to join us for a fun and educational retreat. Programming will be geared towards families who have children up to the age of twelve. New this year: We will be providing childcare for children of all ages.
Accommodations and meals will be provided at no cost to HNC member families thanks to the generous support of our sponsors and donors. Accommodations will be in the Terrace Hotel. Check-in is at 4:00 on Friday. Rooms will include either king or double queen beds. All rooms have a private bath, TV, Wi-Fi, and refrigerator. Due to the size of the rooms, we ask that family groups be limited to 4 per family. However, if you do need additional space to accommodate a larger family, please call the HNC office to check availability. Handicap accessible rooms are also available.
This year’s family retreat will include a two night stay at the Terrace Hotel, part of the Lake Junalsuka Conference and Retreat Center, plus all meals and refreshments. Programs will begin at 5:00 on Friday and will conclude on Sunday at 1:00, after lunch.
This year’s family retreat programs will feature:
- Family kick-off carnival Friday night.
- Game Night on Saturday after dinner. Includes classic games and bleeding disorder specific games!
- Adult Track will include Bleeding Disorders 101, When to Freak out and Pick up the Phone?, There’s No Place Like Home: Self Infusion at Home, and Patient Rights and Responsibilities.
- Children’s Track will include Artistically Speaking Art Workshop for Siblings, Playing it Safe, a sports clinic led by an athlete with a bleeding disorder, fun science activities, and more!
- We will be doing a Community Service Project to benefit Save One Life. We will be putting together first aid kits for those in undeveloped countries affected by a bleeding disorder. We ask that you bring any of the following first aid supplies including bandaids, ace bandages, tourniquets, Tylenol, and squeezy balls.
We request that you attend all programs. There will also be free time built in to enjoy the beautiful facility and surrounding mountain areas. If you do not believe that you will be able to make the commitment to attend, please do not register.
Registration Deadline is Wednesday, November 4.
Registration is on a first come, first served basis. Priority will be given to those who have a child 12 and under with a bleeding disorder.
Lake Junaluska Conference and Retreat Center is located in the heart of the North Carolina mountains about 45 minutes past Asheville. Overlooking Lake Junaluska, there are many hiking and walking trails including the Lake Junaluska Walking Trail, Rose Walk, and more. We may still be able to catch some beautiful colors in the trees at the tail end of the fall leaf season. For more information about the facility, visit www.lakejunaluska.com.
We will be offering gas cards to everyone who attends all sessions at this event.
(*Adobe Acrobat Reader is required.)